A new service centre and logistic warehouse has been built in the area of Szeged invested by Volvo Hungária Ltd., a 100% Volvo Truck Corporation owned subsidiary. The greenfield investment the expected value of which is HUF 550 million net was realised on a 2-hectare site in Szeged Industrial and Logistic Centre off the motorways M5 and M43. It was finished and opened in autumn 2009.
The contract for the purchase of the site was signed on 28th August 2008 by Dávid Illés managing director and Attila Kiss Network Development director representing Volvo Hungária Ltd, and Dr. Béla Vörös managing director representing GlobalLog Ltd, which is partly owned by the Municipality of Szeged.
The new, modern and well- equipped 1300 sqm service centre aims to provide high quality service not only to the carrying companies of the region but the through traffic of Europe too. The expected number of employees is 25. They will receive a professional training in the Central South-European Regional Training Centre of Volvo in Budapest.